With this being my first trip away from my babies since they were born, it was a little painful saying goodbye this morning. Granted, I left peacefully knowing that Sarah and the babies will be loved and cared for. They are staying down in Fort Smith with Uncle Ian and Aunt Leslie and Papa and Dunno.
Dunno (aka Gram Cheyne) was brought about as a joke yesterday but we really like it. Throughout Sarah's pregnancy, Pam has been very concerned about what her Grandmother name will be. She thinks "Gramma Carol" and "Papa Gene" flow off the tongue so well and Papa for Tom fits him perfectly. Obviously the kids will make the ultimate decision in a year or two but she wants to know how to sign letters right now. Yesterday she continued to hug and kiss the babies saying it was from dunno (don't know) and we told her that should be her Grandma name. "What's your Grandmother's name?" "Dunno."
Just because pictures are necessary in a blog, here are some from our latest impromptu photo-session.





- Posted using BlogPress
May God's peace overflow your family, and open your grandfather's eyes, ears, and heart. We'll be praying for him tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI love "Dunno"!!! It TOTALLY fits for Grandpa Cheyne to have an expected, traditional, sweet name, such as "Papa." AND it TOTALLY fits for Grandma Cheyne to have a silly, sweet, "there's-a-story-behind-that" name such as "Dunno"!! Besides, who knows WHAT the kids will turn it into in a couple of years... that's how I ended up with a "Peek-o" instead of a "Grandpa"!
(Tell Pam that it just sounds more exotic to people - when I mention "Peek-o" without thinking about it, people think that I'm referring to a [Mexican?] grandfather, "Pico." Maybe "Dunno" would be construed as... Italian? Russian?... I say go with it!)