FIRST EVER SPORTING EVENT
We celebrated our first ever sporting event for the Puddles June 16th at the NWA Naturals Game. In the land of the Razorbacks, we only have one professional sporting team which is the AA Minor League Baseball team for the Kansas City Royals.
The FHS Band decided to have a fundraiser at the Naturals game for the our Thanksgiving New York trip. I was asked the day of the game if I would like to throw out the first pitch. It was my first time to throw out a pitch at a baseball stadium, so what did I do first? I wiki'd the distance from the pitching mound to home plate (60' 6") and taped it off in my backyard to practice.
Since Sarah was watching the babies and Isaac does not yet understand how to catch a ball, I picked out one of our garden pots as my catcher. Not sure if it helped at all, but it makes for a good story.
We were very fortunate that the twins decided to sleep through the first inning, but I know they understood the importance of this blessed occasion.
Yes this is our mascot, Strike, and yes it is a Sasquatch (Big Foot). The explanation of why they chose Big Foot is fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment